Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Current Time in Korea (GMT+9):  (Scheduled Events)
Current Korean Game Version: 1.50.46 (Released: April 29)
Download
Character List
Guild List

November 9th, 2012
This is in addition to Raditz' update-peak for the upcoming stuff like the extention of CC floor 120 which you can read about here: http://dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29019
-
Approximately 1 month ago I wrote a long list of my ideas and suggestions for NTL to chew on. It seemed to have borne fruit, not only with Raditz' CC floor extention, but also with an idea of my own -seems like they are actually listening.

Original Notice:

안녕하세요.
드래곤볼 그 이상의 감동, 드래곤볼 온라인입니다.

11월 13일(화) 오전 4:00부터 오후 12:00 까지 8시간 동안
넷마블 정기 점검이 진행될 예정입니다.

■ 11월 13일(화) 정기 점검 진행 안내

☞ 점검 일시 : 2012년 11월 13일 (화) 오전 04:00 ~ 오후 12:00 (8시간)

☞ 점검 대상 : 전 서버

☞ 점검 내용
1. 마스코트 시스템 변경
1) 마스코트가 융합을 통해 다음 단계로 성장할 수 있습니다.
2) 마스코트 전용 스킬이 추가됩니다.
3) 기존 마스코트 관련 퀘스트의 보상 및 진행 방법이 변경됩니다.
4) 마스코트 단축키에 대한 설명이 추가됩니다.
5) '포포의 보물상자 Lv4'에서 [하급 마스코트 먹이]를 추가 획득할 수 있습니다.

※ 보다 자세한 내용은 카린님의 노트를 통해서 확인하실 수 있습니다. [카린님의 노트] <- 바로 가기 클릭!
※ 마스코트 시스템이 변경됨에 따라 기존에 보유하고 있던 마스코트가 일괄 삭제 됩니다.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Briefly translated and summed up:
(Credits goes to SuperAxe2X for the actual accruate translation)

Long have our Mini pets blindly and mindlessly followed us around on various journeys, but no more!
In the update coming soon on KR will star a whole new pet system, which allows your companion to actually gain levels, new abilities and evolve into the next stage.

The full details haven't been revealed yet, but my suggestion for NTL was to have the oppotunity for our pets to cross-player battle the opposing players pet in a Turn-based fashion. (Yes, Pokemon did inspire my idea, and yes, I did suggest it rather quickly after World of Warcraft had a similar system added to their Pet system)
To sum up, it seems very likely that they are listening to the communities ideas, and in this case mine, leading to an in-game pokemon styled pet battle adventure :-)
November 9th, 2012
Thats pretty cool, I always thought that maybe the pets would evolve because some of them have no faces or arms. Like the plants or robot pets.
November 10th, 2012
That's great to hear..now I just wish TW would catch up. So to speak.
November 10th, 2012
Cool. I have to say DBO is getting better and better. Till now it was only a simple & ordinary mmorpg with DBZ looks. Can't wait to level my pet i hope it will help me get rich *_*
November 10th, 2012
Beautiful, good to know NTL is wasting their time trying to make this game more like Pokemon instead of like DBZ.
November 10th, 2012
Beautiful, good to know NTL is wasting their time trying to make this game more like Pokemon instead of like DBZ.

Yep, you said it.

This would be crap. Pet battle system? There should be adding in flight combat, dodging attacks etc. A pet battle system would just be a waste of time and if they keep on going down the road they are going down i'm going to play a better MMO like PSO2 next year.
November 10th, 2012
Yep, you said it.

This would be crap. Pet battle system? There should be adding in flight combat, dodging attacks etc. A pet battle system would just be a waste of time and if they keep on going down the road they are going down i'm going to play a better MMO like PSO2 next year.

PSO2 isn't that much better. lol It's great in the beginning, but once you get around level 30, it becomes extremely grindy.
November 10th, 2012
yay fighting pets just what a db game needs, they need to realise that the average age of players is around 19years old i would say , no1 wants these childish updates, my god this is why the game wont be around in 4 years
November 10th, 2012
PSO2 isn't that much better. lol It's great in the beginning, but once you get around level 30, it becomes extremely grindy.

Your talking to me, the guy who played the original PSO offline for over 400 hours lmao. Grinding was all I did but I'm use to it when it comes to PSO. DBO should learn incorporate other aspects from mmos, but putting in a pet battling system I don't think will work well and is the wrong thing they should implement. A game like DBO should have a better combat system.
November 10th, 2012
Sad to hear so many people hating my idea.. What I can say, if it isn't a won goal for actual new upcoming stuff, then take it as a goal for the communications between the DBO developers and the actual communitiy. What can I say, atleast I give them ideas to work with unless you guys :-)