Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Poll Results: Should you be able to?
Yes 2 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll.

November 21st, 2013
How come there is no option to deactivate your account? I tried on many other previous accounts and search everywhere but there is no option. Why is that?
Every website there is on the internet there is an option to deactivate or delete your account permanently.
I messaged vBulletin about this and they told me it's a click away but, you just need to ask your admin which i did. I didn't get a reply but, i however got permanently banned without a reply. A permanent ban isn't the same as deactivation because my information is still lingering the website. I DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT want my information on this website anymore but, it still is and i can't do anything about it.
When you sign up there is NO warning that you can't delete your account.

Why is it not? I am pretty sure that it is probably against the rules if you don't make it clear that something like this can happen. Information is valuable. It is one click to delete an account i do not understand the problems.
I messaged The admin of this site but, no answer is given.

- What do you guys think? Should we be able to delete our own accounts?

Last edited on November 21st, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
November 21st, 2013
We can edit our accounts :3
November 21st, 2013
We can edit our accounts :3

You cannot delete your account.
November 21st, 2013
Bring it up with Cit.
November 22nd, 2013
Actually, more popular sites say you can delete your account but they actually put it in suspended animation in the hopes of you returning to the site and for your convenience while using their product. Facebook is a perfect example of this. It says you can delete your account and will let you "Delete" it, but if you try to sign up again with the same email it will prompt you to reopen your account.

As for the reason we are not permanently deleting the accounts, it is to make sure people don't delete their accounts just to make a new one to cause problems with. By suspending the account rather then deleting the account we can still cross check the IP and confirm who the user is.

I hope you now understand why Citrinate is choosing to suspend an account rather then delete it.