Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 10th, 2010
Hey guys, due to procrastination and fascination with possible 'What if' scenarios, thanks to such things as Dragonball Multiverse and even the dbz games, I was wondering what are your favourite what if scenarios and whether you have any interesting ones. To get the ball rolling I'll start off shall I:

Scenario 1:- What if Piccolo and Kami never split, and stayed as the Super Namek as they were, I'm not sure what they would do, not being allowed to be Guardian of the Earth and being so powerful though.

Possible Cause on effects of this: Goku would not have been trained so extensively by Kami to defeat his evil counterpart, and hell Goku would pale in comparison, unless he got trained by this Super Namek. Obviously Raditz would be no match for him, and perhaps this would be reported through the scouter to alert freiza, maybe the Earth gets blown up there or taken further. Obviously androids would need to be made stronger to cope with the super strong namek, but would Dr Gero/Red Ribbon Army be defeated hence the grudge in this timeline or what? As for Majin Buu, well since the Super Namek would probably be the only super power around he may not be able to get ressurected, and if so, I do not think he would have too much back up.

Scenario 2: This is an example given in a DBZ game, I cant remember which one. But basically what if when Raditz came to Earth and banged himself on the head just like Goku and was taught to play nice and use his incredible power for good, alongside his brother

Possible Cause on Effects: The game just ended it with Raditz remembering who he was, and in good nature due to the time he spent on Earth telling them of the other saiyans who were coming in a years time and left on his ship.

Scenario 3: What if Vegeta and Goku had kept their tails throughout the series.

Possible Cause on Effects: Vegeta would have been able to transform and defeat the Ginyu force (at least one on one) without the aid of Goku arriving, However against freiza he would probably just be a BIG target for him lol. Possibility of Goku going golden Oozaru on his ass too :P. Vegeta may have been able to destroy android 18 and hence stop Cell in his tracks right there. And finally, the buu saga is a tough one to deduce, after all Goku was able to defeat him from the start anyways but chose not to, so that one is up for you guys to interpret >_<.

Anyways thats just me 2 cents like, feel free to contradict me, I didnt put too much thought and effort into this after all lol, and post new scenarios! even if you stole them from elsewhere such as fanfics xD
October 10th, 2010
Golden Oozaru doesn't exist, and quite frankly if Goku's tail existed then his Super Saiyan would be much more powerful (I believe I read that a tail makes you stronger?)
October 10th, 2010
I know it isn't canon, but still its an interesting prospect, unless one genetic pathway is blocked by the other I dont see why it couldnt happen.

And yes as far as i know the tail makes you stronger, cant remember if thats said when gokus tail grows back in DB or if its when its wished back in GT though :) lol, anyways put up some scenarios man, and its like we are chatting all over the forums today >_<
October 10th, 2010
Well, I've got my two cents on the "Golden Ozaru" thing. I think it's possible. Somehow. Maybe. Just never exploited due to lack of tails. But then again, it would be ridiculous and their size might be taken advantage of somehow.

Either way, here's something I've always wondered. Let's say there was some sort of Super Saiyan equivalant for characters other than Saiyans, probably just Namekians and humans. The series would probably be a heck of a lot different then. Yamcha might finally be able to do something! :p And Piccolo... dear Dende, Piccolo. He's got Super Saiyan like strength normally, tacking a transformation onto that would be absolute overkill. Then again, it would be a really cool idea to have some sort of "Super Namekian" on Namek in Goku's stead. That'd make for an awesome fanfic right there... (;))
October 10th, 2010
Ok I got another one, which was sparked by your idea Kiyza

What if, instead of Goku getting sent to Earth, he was instead sent to Namek, there are far stronger fighters on namek at the time, so its unlikely he would have been sent, but still if he was sent and still bumped his head, then he would be trained and become stronger and even have his potential released! However this scenario would be so different from the series we know and love, since almost all characters apart from Dende, Guru, Nail, Vegeta, Frieza and his men, we wouldnt really know anyone else lol no kids or anything, hmmm
October 10th, 2010
Isn't Giant Form the transformation for Namekians. And, if Goku was sent to Namek, he wouldn't be able to survive as Namekians eat differently than he does, and thus his ability to become stronger would be hindered.
October 10th, 2010
Ok I got another one, which was sparked by your idea Kiyza

What if, instead of Goku getting sent to Earth, he was instead sent to Namek, there are far stronger fighters on namek at the time, so its unlikely he would have been sent, but still if he was sent and still bumped his head, then he would be trained and become stronger and even have his potential released! However this scenario would be so different from the series we know and love, since almost all characters apart from Dende, Guru, Nail, Vegeta, Frieza and his men, we wouldnt really know anyone else lol no kids or anything, hmmm

Come to think of it, why did no one ever think of selling Namek in the first place? I guess it was a little too beaten up from that climatic stuff that no one ever explained... (Still hoping for an answer... one of these days...)

If he didn't bump his head, Nail would have screwed him over. Besides, there's no night on Namek, so he can't turn into an Ozaru anyway. Pretty much any Namekian in their right mind could have kicked his tail.

If he still bumped his head, the series would be very different. From some reason, I'm seeing Nail play the role of Bulma in a grand quest for the dragon balls. (What? You didn't forget about those McGuffins, did you?) It's a rather amusing scenerio for one reason or another. It'd be absolutely hillarious if he kept that habit of patting peoples' crotches for one reason or another. "So you're a girl!" XD

Isn't Giant Form the transformation for Namekians. And, if Goku was sent to Namek, he wouldn't be able to survive as Namekians eat differently than he does, and thus his ability to become stronger would be hindered.

Yes, yes it is. But it has its distinct drawbacks, is only used once, (and even then is, to quote Pokemon "not very effective") and only seems to increase physical strength as opposed to ki-based strength.

And Namekians seem to be aware that other things eat. Surely it wouldn't be impossible for them to figure out Goku's the same way.
October 11th, 2010
ah true i forgot about the whole 3 suns on planet namek dealio haha guess that prevents the Golden Oozaru Vs Freiza anyways, good point. As for food, like Kiyza said, I'm sure they could fish or something, other life forms being on the planet and such, frogs sure look tasty haha.

*psst* worst comes to worst, he could deep fry some namekian limbs, after all they just grow back :P lol

Another scenario that crosses my mind, is if Bardock decided to flee with his son instead, whether it be to Earth or another planet, the end result I guess would be like the group in DBM where Goku joins them except a bonus saiyan to add to the fun :)

What other scenarios are there hmm, if Gohan ended up getting taken away by Raditz to become a real saiyan.

What if when on Earth, Vegeta secretly collected the dragonballs, using his relationship with Bulma to get the dragon radar and wishing for immortality, and continue being a bad ass lol

What if Cell had been able to arrive in the timeline and channge back into Imperfect cell in time to save Dr Gero from Vegeta, he would surely follow his masters command, he seemed like a loyal fellow, especially when Dr Gero could easily feed android 17 and 18 to him since they were not activated yet.

And thats all for now I'm afraid lol >_<
October 11th, 2010
Well my what-if:
Bardock somehow survived from frieza's death ball and came to earth before raditz (in some hours earlier). He founds Goku. Bardock kills Goku because he didnt knew what Goku is Kakarott. Remember Goku was weakler than raditz and Bardock was stronger than Dodoria. After when he understand Goku was his son. He trying to defend Gohan from Raditz and team up with Piccolo. :D
P.S. Sorry for my english and story like that was in Tenkaichi Tag Versus.
October 11th, 2010
How about Dragon Ball Zombies? The plot could be while Goku was in space he got infected by a virus that made him zombie-like, it's contagious and later infects the other "Z-fighters".

Yes, it's a lame rip-off of Marvel Zombies but come on,you know you want to see a zombie Goku killing Freeza and Chi-chi.