Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
June 13th, 2010
goku left with the eternal dragon at the end of gt and the dragonballs went into goku...what i got outta that was...since the dragon balls should only be used once every 2-300 years ...goku was gonna rest with shenron untill the universe needed him again...and the dragon balls would scatter again after everyone learned to live without them and not depend on them...thats pretty much what the narrator said at the end of dbz if you remember

That happened in GT, and GT isn't canon. Not to mention that I'm not referring to the anime at all in this discussion, I'm referring to the manga.

If goku's life had been extened that far it would of been siad during the manga or the offical jump magazines.

And anyway if goku really did have 1000 years dont you think that he would of been mentioned during the dbo storyline or akira toriyama would of said something about it during interviews.

We've already gone over this, and if you would've read through the thread before posting, you would've seen it...

June 13th, 2010
of course goku is still alive goku is training with the eternal dragon to come back whenever akira toriyama decides to make another dragonball series.
July 8th, 2010
hmm...I don't think all of this would make him still alive. even if the old kai gave him his life, I believe the Kai's have naturally long lifespans, so if it was transferred to goku, it probably would be lower, and maybe it was just I gave you my life, life is different then the lifespan itself, so I think if he was alive, we would have heard about it by now on the thing, he probably would have beaten up mr new bad guy....however master roshi should still be alive. he is immortal.
July 8th, 2010
of course goku is still alive goku is training with the eternal dragon to come back whenever akira toriyama decides to make another dragonball series.

what? Since when was Goku training with any eternal dragon?
July 8th, 2010
Lol, next people are gonna say goku will come back AS an eternal dragon XD potara earrings gone wrong =D
July 8th, 2010
what? Since when was Goku training with any eternal dragon?

I really hope this is a bad misinterpretation of the GT ending, I really really do. Either way, let's just state some facts.

1. GT has disputable canonicity.
2. Goku never went off to train with Shenlong.
3. Toriyama will never get up off his butt and make a new Dragon Ball series. That's the gap that Dragon Ball Online serves.
July 8th, 2010
hmm...I don't think all of this would make him still alive. even if the old kai gave him his life, I believe the Kai's have naturally long lifespans, so if it was transferred to goku, it probably would be lower

Kizya, earlier on in the thread with an example of her giving half of her life to her dog, assumed pretty much the same thing as you. This was my response...

@Kizya: If you gave half of your lifespan to your dog, then he would have half of your lifespan converted to dog years, not half of a dogs lifespan. So let's say your overall lifespan is 100 years or something, and you give half that (50) to your dog. Your dog would then have 50 Human years added on to his lifespan, which would be 213 years for him. He would continue to live for 50 Human years/213 dog years.

Also, when the Old Kai was making that thousand year estimation on the remaining years of his life, he was referring to how many Human years he had left, not how many Kai years he had left.

If Humans are dogs and Kai's are Humans, then that would mean the Kai's go by a different measurement of time when aging (in comparison to a Human's measurement of time), correct?

What I mean is that...

When comparing Human aging and dog aging to each other, we each have our own measurements of time to compare the aging process for both Humans and dogs. A year for a Human is not a year for a dog (it's roughly 10.5 for dogs). So 20 years by our measurement of time would be 93 years by a dogs measurement of time.

The same could be said for Kai's, assuming they have their own separate measurement of time. Like let's say 5 Kai years is equal to 50,000 Human years. That would mean a 20 year old Kai would be about 200,000 years old in Human years. So a Kai at the age of 80 or 90 (in Kai years) would have the same elderly traits as a Human that is at the age of 80 or 90 (in Human years).

So when the Old Kai commented on how much life he had left, he would've said something around the lines of maybe having a few months left to live, and then would've commented about how a few months in Kai time is a thousand years in Human time. But instead he said he had about a thousand years left to live, which means that if Kai's really do have their own measurements of time (measurements of time that are equal to our measurements of time with Humans and dogs), he would've had to of been referring to Human years, since no Kai would be able to live for a thousand Kai years (a Kai living for a thousand Kai years would be the same as a Human living for a thousand Human years). Which means that those thousand years would've crossed over to Goku.

Hope this made sense, as I wrote it at like 4 in the morning.

and maybe it was just I gave you my life, life is different then the lifespan itself

Let's say you have 5 apples, and a friend of yours has 10 apples. Now let's say you loose your 5 apples and you're left with 0 apples. Your friend then gives you all of his apples, and he now has 0. You, at this point, have all of the apples that your friend had.

How many apples do you have? You have your friends 10 apples that he had given to you. They aren't your apples, but he's letting you have them as if they were your own. The 10 apples was the amount of apples your friend had, that he had given to you.

At this point in time, you no longer have your apples, but all of your friends. Which means you have 10 apples.

It's the same concept with what the Old Kai did for Goku. Goku was dead (he had 0 apples) and the Old Kai still had a thousand years of his life left (10 apples left). The Old Kai gave his thousand years worth of life to Goku (he gave his 10 apples to Goku) and then Goku now had the Old Kai's life (he now had all of the Old Kai's apples, which were 10). The Old Kai is now dead (he now has 0 apples), and Goku has his thousand years worth of life (all of his 10 apples).

and

If you have two cars, one with 0 gallons of gas and another with a 1000 gallons of gas, and you take the 1000 gallons of gas and put it in to the other car that was empty, how many gallons of gas do each of the cars have now?

The previously empty one would now be at 1000 and would be able to use the 1000 gallons of gas it got from the other car as its own.

Also, in regards to my gas example...

A few people seem to think that this example is fallacious, since the receiving tank would have to have a gas tank capable of withholding the amount of gas the other tank is giving, in order to receive the full amount of gas. To those who pointed this out (Dante/Citrinate/SoulShinobi), what happens when you put too much gas in a gas tank? If you put in more gas than the gas tank itself can handle? The gas will start spilling/bursting out of the gas tank, correct? There just simply isn't enough room for the amount of gas you're trying to put in the tank. It'll only be able to fit the designated amount of gas for that specific gas tank. So to say that it depends on the capacity of the gas tank is correct.

Look back to when the Old Kai gave his life to Goku (in both the manga and the anime for arguments sake, even though the anime isn't canon). Compare the above gas example to what happened when the Old Kai gave his life to Goku. Was Goku bursting at the seams with life, when he received it? Was life spilling out of his body? Was he unable to handle the amount of life (assuming he got an amount of life) the Old Kai gave him? No.

At no time (in either the anime or the manga) was Goku unable to handle the transference of life from the Old Kai to himself. So again, if an amount of life had been transferred from the Old Kai to Goku, we can assume that Goku's "gas tank" would've been sufficient for the amount of life the Old Kai was giving him, since no complications (as a result of "too much gas" (or life in this case)) occurred.

Kind of felt like pointing this out, since I'm using the gas thing as an example again.

so I think if he was alive, we would have heard about it by now on the thing

As you can see, we already went over all of this before.
July 8th, 2010
Can I lock this thread? Please?
July 8th, 2010
yes you may, why does this thread even exist? its pointless since it cant be proven and i say no since i havent met him in dbo and nobody i know has.
July 8th, 2010
That's great. LOCKED.