Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
July 20th, 2013
Hi, I'm a newcomer and I'm truly undecided about which should be my first class. Examining all classes I figured out that the 2 I liked the most were Swordsman and Turtle hermit. So I wanted to have a more clearer point of view on these 2 classes with the help of more experienced players than me =) According to what I've read the Swordsman should be a more PvP oriented class, while the Turtle hermit more PvE oriented. What I wanted to know is:

1: Swordsman PvE rating. Has it problems on leveling up?
2: Turtle hermit PvP rating. Is it competitive even if not a pure PvP class?

In other words, which of the two is better in its "weak" feature?

Generally I tend to prefer PvE, but this time I would like to go PvP too, so I'm going nuts on the choice. Is a PvE/PvP hybrid worth of making it? Of course I am aware that there are several different settings for both classes, but I've opened this thread right to gain as many opinions of yours as possible, just because, as I said before, I am a completely unexperienced player =)

Last edited on July 20th, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
July 20th, 2013
1) I don't have any problem leveling my SM, the problem with SM in PvE is that they are 1 vs 1 characters, they have a big problem when they fight multiples enemies... but they are excellent dps. if you have a good tank and healer in your party, SM can do well in PvE (fighter are beater because of the dodge if you are talking of PvE)
2) turtle is a Hybrid class.... in really good in PvE and PvP

if you want PvE and causal PvP I'll recommend you to choose a Turtle Hermit
July 20th, 2013
To read more in depth about each class, please visit theirs guides within the class section under each of their sub headings.

Swordsman Master FAQ - By Jocer

Unfortunately Turtle Hermits don't have a FAQ guide. But here is the advice I give with the class:
They are highly PvE based
You need a lot of good gear to go hard PvP
If you can figure out a hybrid build, you shall be set for both PvP and PvE
Most Main tree skills are not worth getting
Make sure you have a set build
July 20th, 2013
Yeah, I have already seen a couple of guides in that section =) I believe that in the end I will go Turtle, but probably in future I'll try also the swordsman ;)
July 20th, 2013
Here's a big deal, if you have good guild teammates you can try the SM because I would recommend it more than Turtle, since you don't need a good ping to be a good SM.

But, it's hard to find a party for dungeons being a SM. In this point you'll do better with Turtle.