Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Poll Results: Who had more potential?
Yamcha 23 76.67%
Jajirobe 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll.

November 18th, 2013
I ve been thinking lately about orginal dragonball and its evolution into the dragonballz.
From being more adventure and martial arts themed manga/anime in dbz it became pure fighting anime focused almost only on fighting(Sometimes kind a ridiculous).
As series progressed many characters became op, while other stayed in the shadows.

Who do you think had more potential to become op human fighter :
A) Coward fatty Jajirobe, who appears to be a master swordsman
B) Useless Yamcha, once a master of our beloved 'Wolf Fang Fist' technique.

What were the major turning points for these characters becoming over-shadowed by Krillin and Tien?
November 18th, 2013
I think Yajirobe had more potenial. (going by the Damiao Piccolo saga)... But seeing as he was so lazy, I don't think it makes much difference.

As for Yamcha. I actualy really like him, he grew steadily and liked training. But like most characters, he got over-shadowed by Saiayans and ended up becoming a comic relief charcter.

As much as I like Goku. Being a saiyan, with all their genetic abilites. It made anyone outside of their bloodline redundant. Heck! even Piccolo, with his [email protected]'iness in the earlier seasons was pretty useless by Cell saga.
November 18th, 2013
ya'll yamcha wasn't that weak yajirobe could be beat by farmer guy with a shotgun
November 18th, 2013
Yajiribe cut vegeta's tail when he attacked earth first time while yamcha was killed by saibaman.
November 18th, 2013
Yajiribe cut vegeta's tail when he attacked earth first time while yamcha was killed by saibaman.

Yamcha's wolf fang fist would knock him out too. He has no powers and is FAT. Yajirobe lacks the right skills to beat up a Z Fighter.
November 18th, 2013
Just to calrify on what HelluFU said, it's not about who's stronger. It's about their potenial and what was their turning point from needed to not needed.
November 18th, 2013
It's hard to say. The only way to measure potential of a character in an anime or manga is to watch their progress over a given period of time. The only time Yajirobe was known to do any training is when he was forced into training at Kami's. After that training all he did was cut off Vegeta's tail, which I have no doubt he was capable of during Dragonball. If he isn't going to actually fight, a definite answer cannot be given.
November 18th, 2013

Yamcha didn't lose to the Saibaman. He won. After he won the Saibaman grabbed him by surprise and self destructed. Yamcha didn't lose.
Yamcha Saiyan Saga>Saibaman

But idk who has more potential. I'm probably going to say Yamcha because he knows things like Kamehameha, Wolf Fang Fist, he even has King Kai's training. But if Yajirobe trained with King Kai I'm probably betting he would be lazy af.
November 18th, 2013
It's hard to say. The only way to measure potential of a character in an anime or manga is to watch their progress over a given period of time. The only time Yajirobe was known to do any training is when he was forced into training at Kami's. After that training all he did was cut off Vegeta's tail, which I have no doubt he was capable of during Dragonball. If he isn't going to actually fight, a definite answer cannot be given.

Yajirobe has shown his potenital. He was able to cut Cymbal in half... Durinbg the King Piccolo saga, Yajirobe was close to Goku's power before he consumed the sacred water... Without any known training thats a big deal.

He was naturaly gifted but extremely lazy and greedy.

Last edited on November 18th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
November 18th, 2013
Yajirobe has shown his potenital. He was able to cut Cymbal in half... Durinbg the King Piccolo saga, Yajirobe was close to Goku's power before he consumed the sacred water... Without any known training thats a big deal.

He was naturaly gifted but extremely lazy and greedy.

That shows he has potential. It does not show how much. As I said, in order to measure a character's potential you must watch their progress over a given period of time.

He never showed any progress, so it cannot be measured.