Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
May 7th, 2013
This patch is awesome!
Fixed my location translation problem!
May 7th, 2013
Great cit :)
May 7th, 2013
Hey just a little suggestion would it make more sense if everyone translated the quest descriptions? or is that coming in later updates?
May 7th, 2013
Hey just a little suggestion would it make more sense if everyone translated the quest descriptions? or is that coming in later updates?

It'll be done eventually.
May 7th, 2013
awsome!!!!
May 7th, 2013

No one is really translating any quests right now. If anyone can do a good job of it and wants to help, then they should.

Most quests don't need to be translated to play the game, but there's a few that really should be which I don't believe are yet. These are the quests that don't have a guide on the mini-map, and although a literal translation for them would be nice, it's not necessary to get the point across. For example, just saying "Press 't' to scan the quest giver with your scouter" would be enough for the first quest.
May 7th, 2013
Most quests don't need to be translated to play the game, but there's a few that really should be which I don't believe are yet. These are the quests that don't have a guide on the mini-map, and although a literal translation for them would be nice, it's not necessary to get the point across. For example, just saying "Press 't' to scan the quest giver with your scouter" would be enough for the first quest.

I agree on that but keep in mind some people play MMO's for shear storyline alone ... like me I play for story but also everything else too.

And Great Job to the translators :D
May 7th, 2013
No one is really translating any quests right now. If anyone can do a good job of it and wants to help, then they should.

Oh and i have been meaning to ask, when you translate is all the untranslated descriptions of quests in a txt file so you could just copy the untranslated words and put them into a translating software or simply google translate to translate them or is it more complicated?
May 7th, 2013
Which boxes do I check with the new patch please pm me IM a noob
May 7th, 2013
Oh and i have been meaning to ask, when you translate is all the untranslated descriptions of quests in a txt file so you could just copy the untranslated words and put them into a translating software or simply google translate to translate them or is it more complicated?

There's information on how translations need to be formatted so that the Language Patcher can read them here: http://dbocom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32447

However you translate the text is up to you.

Which boxes do I check with the new patch please pm me IM a noob

All of the recommended boxes are checked by default. There's descriptions of each feature on the download page.