Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
February 1st, 2013
So wait, I didn't get the whole "Preferred Translations" and "Alternative Translations".
1) Do we have to create them ourselves?
2) How are they going to be updated?
3) If the "Preferred Translations" have higher priority than "Alternative Translations", what's the point of having the "Alternative Translations"? We can either have it apply the higher one automatically or set manually which of the 3 files are going to be applied?
February 1st, 2013
So wait, I didn't get the whole "Preferred Translations" and "Alternative Translations".
1) Do we have to create them ourselves?
2) How are they going to be updated?
3) If the "Preferred Translations" have higher priority than "Alternative Translations", what's the point of having the "Alternative Translations"? We can either have it apply the higher one automatically or set manually which of the 3 files are going to be applied?

1)"Alternative translations" are what you'd get from translator machines like Google Translate, Bing Translate, so no, you don't technically create them yourself, "Preferred translations" are going to be translated to the best of each person's ability.
2)Manually.
3)"Alternative translations" are going to be used if there is no "Preferred Translation" Whichever is put there is going to be applied.
February 3rd, 2013
Mmm ... If I do it right, I can probably translate enemy names, I have a program on my computer that lets me simple take a screen shot, save it, and it can translate the text (Chinese Trad/Taiwain) into English ... Haven't tried it yet, but ill start working on it, if it works ill just post the pics of it ...

*P.S.* This program was not made using Google Translate or any other translation programs. It was designed by a variety of different foreigners. It doesn't have all languages but it does have the basics that most people are looking for (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish etc...)

Last edited on February 3rd, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
February 3rd, 2013
You may want to post some samples translations from it.
February 3rd, 2013
You may want to post some samples translations from it.

Im planning on it, i need to get the program right first, then ill post pics of all things the program has translated
February 7th, 2013
google translate is only meant as a guide because sometimes you have to make sense of the words, it won't always give you an exact translation
February 7th, 2013
not every texts can translated to English. cause, they use character names, on text. example world location name :

- 那拉克駐地入口 = That Mubarak resident entrance = N lāk zhd rkǒu
- 나라크 주둔 지구 = Countries greater presence District = nalakeu judun jigu
* booth using translator engine
. the real name for that location is Narak Troops Area / Narak Base Camp. Narak is Namek final boss name at UD6 dungeon.
Click here to see full text

or

- 武泰斗紀念公園 = Wu dean Memorial Park = ウーディーン記念公園 = Ūdīn kinen kōen
-무태두 기념 공원= Solid taedu Memorial Park = 無泰斗記念公園 = Mu taito kinen kōen
* booth using translator engine. the real name for that location is Mutaito Memorial Park. Mutaito, he is Muten Roshi master.
Click here to see full text

or

-10:200104040: 프리더군 잔당 지구 = Free ... the remnants of the Earth = peulideogun jandang jigu = フリーたよ残党地球 = Furīta yo zantō chikyū = 프리더 = Frieder = フリーザ = Freeza.
-10:200104040: 弗力札殘黨據地 = Flic to Sapporo residues party data places = F l zh cn dǎng j d = 札幌残基のパーティのデータの場所へフリック = Sapporo zanki no pāti no dēta no basho e furikku = 弗力札 = F l zh = Freeza.
* booth using translator engine. the real name for that location is Freeza Ruins Area.
March 22nd, 2013
citrinate excuse me disturb you, wanted to know how I can create a patch executable, I mean did you dbocom the q, I want one just like it but put it in Spanish, thanks to you I have almost finished the translation in Spanish, but I need to create an executable and I wanted to ask if you could help me. Thanks
March 22nd, 2013
You should use the executable I provide and distribute it along with your translation files. I'll probably add all of the strings of text the translation tool uses to the translation file so they can be translated too, but I don't know when I'll get around to that.
March 23rd, 2013
You should use the executable I provide and distribute it along with your translation files. I'll probably add all of the strings of text the translation tool uses to the translation file so they can be translated too, but I don't know when I'll get around to that.

OR .... You can make an Executable File with snake85's Translations and Add them to the Tools Section of the site , So it would be both English patch and Spanish patch too , so Spanish players can find it easily without having to search for thousands of websites to get it , And Credit will be due to snake85 For Actualy Translating it to Spanish [ He might even translate the page to spanish for you so Spanish Players can Understand it best ]

Would be a Great idea :P