Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
December 10th, 2013
Well we all know that Dragonball anime/manga had some impact to our lives. ^^

DB title is basically the reason why people played DBO so long despite its bugs and language barrier, and it is the main reason why people still lurk in these forums to see if there is something new about DBOR. It is the reason why we gathered here in the first place.

Anyways, since people are rather annoyed by that DB*OPS thread spam
so I thought I would make something refreshing here.

Tell me what you think you about this

And tell us your story how Dragonball franchise touched your souls :)

Last edited on December 10th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
December 10th, 2013
Through out my life, I could really say that the Dragon Ball franchise has helped me grow as a better (more nerdy) person. And it allowed me to meet a lot of cool people I don't think i would have met or even knew I had anything in common with them.
December 10th, 2013
Through out my life, I could really say that the Dragon Ball franchise has helped me grow as a better (more nerdy) person. And it allowed me to meet a lot of cool people I don't think i would have met or even knew I had anything in common with them.

That's basically it for me too, but with every forum board i've joined.
December 10th, 2013
That's basically it for me too, but with every forum board i've joined.

True, but honestly I don't think if I hadn't discovered Dragon Ball would I be a anime fan of any kind.
I would laying about in the house playing every spiderman game xD
December 10th, 2013
Dragonball for me is the main reason I got into bodybuilding aesthetics. And the main reason I've stuck at martial arts.

Dragonball forever~
December 10th, 2013
It honestly is what made anime what it is today. Anime wouldn't be as good without DBZ. I doubt things like Naruto or One Piece would have been good/existed without DBZ being around.
December 10th, 2013
true, But Honestly I Don't Think If I Hadn't Discovered Dragon Ball Would I Be A Anime Fan Of Any Kind.
I Would Laying About In The House Playing Every Spiderman Game Xd

+1
December 10th, 2013
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Influences_on_Popular_Culture
The appearance of Future Hiro in the series Heroes was inspired by Future Trunks. In an interview, actor Masi Oka compared Trunks to his Heroes character Hiro Nakamura, as both are time travelers that carry swords

I never noticed that

It had a huge impact in my life for sure: DragonBall was the reason i started to watch anime, to read mangas, even to get more practice at drawing.

And it allowed me to meet a lot of cool people I don't think i would have met or even knew I had anything in common with them.

The same goes for me too
December 11th, 2013
I know I complain a lot about Dragon Ball (or more specifically, its fanbase), but I think it certainly has helped improve my life in some aspects.

I mean, sure, I find most Dragon Ball fans obnoxious, annoying, an uneducated -- but who doesn't think that about people who hang out around YouTube? They used to give me something to complain about when I didn't have too many complaints in my life. In a twisted sort of way, I love arguing with them because they're so easy to rile up while I just kind of sit there typing and nodding my head. And let me tell you, it's not just about powah levulz -- I don't even want to talk about some of the things I'v discussed before.

I actually don't think that Dragon Ball, directly, had a positive influence on my life. I mean, let's face it -- it's a shallow series. There's no deeper meaning or a message it aims to send. It's pure, mindless fun -- and good entertainment at that. I think that in that aspect, it may have had a negative impact on me. I think it, in some ways, taught me that it was okay to fight, to hurt people, so long as there's a damn good reason for doing it. These days, I'm a lot more pacifistic, I probably owe that to, ironically, Dragon Ball.

It inspired me to take up martial arts when I was younger. Not just a casual self-defense class, but a serious business, I can't believe it's not Japan, full honor and respect martial arts class. I learned a lot of things there, but I think two of my most important life skills were learned there -- that I shouldn't seek conflict and that it was best to respect other people.

On an unrelated, but still important to me note, it was also some of the earliest text-based online role playing I did. Admittedly, I had done quite a bit beforehand, but this was the first time it was more than casual. It was competitive. It was from that that I learned that I really hated the constraints of a lot of role playing sites and decided that I didn't want to play a game ala Dungeons and Dragons any more -- I wanted to write. That's what I do today when I role play, and it's helped a lot in fostering my basic writing skill. Odd, isn't it?

But hey, I've also made a lot of friends through Dragon Ball too. It's actually how I met my boyfriend -- and perhaps more importantly, how I learned that I'm not fit for any sort of romantic relationship. I'm still in touch with a lot of people I met because we shared a common love for the series, and let me tell you, it's pretty great just to get in a group and talk about it. It's been about 5 years now since I first read the series, so it's bordering on nostalgic now. I'll probably go back and re-read it one of these days. You know, after I finish up with my 15 pound haul of comics I brought back from New York Comic-Con.
December 11th, 2013
For me it was just a show that I always rushed home to watch after school when I was a kid. It hasn't really done anything for me other than entertainment.