Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
November 22nd, 2013
MINOR SPOILERS! I know that the movies are non cannon and therefore not based on the manga, had to say that before I get replies saying that I don't know what I'm talking about. Now, there is 1 movie in particular I want to talk about: Return of Cooler. When Goku and everybody else were flying to New Namek Dende was shown as he sensed the danger of his people. How was dende there when nobody went into the Time Chamber yet? Gohan was still a kid too, so regardless of the 1 year he aged in the Time Chamber he'd still be older and taller than he was.
November 22nd, 2013
There a lot of mistakes with the DBZ movies and I learned to just not question them and enjoy the movie. The most frustrating of these mistakes is the timelines and how they don't add up.
November 22nd, 2013
It's not so much mistakes is just a story taken place outside of the canonverse... They can play around with timelines that way. Just look at movie 2,3,4,5 and 13 especialy.
November 23rd, 2013
Why wasn't Future Gohan stronger? There is zenkai boost and it was confirmed he fought them more than 3 times (fought like 3 times in the movie)
November 23rd, 2013
"A Trunks Story" or "another future" is not a movie, but a TV special based on "Story of Trunks" in the manga, the mayor diference is Trunks being able to turn into ssj at will since he was a kid and the story start with Gohan without 1 arm.

Also the Cyborgs/Androids explained how not even once used more than half power, after that they kill Gohan in sneeze.

What I don't like about movies in general, is how most of the villians are just copy paste of the anime/manga.
November 23rd, 2013
Gohan wasn't as strong due to his base not being high enough. Nothing more, nothing less.

Granted, he has the whole untapped potential and rage thing going on.. But without someone like Goku or Piccolo (who are; lets face it geniuses at training methods and techniques), he isn't going to get as strong so quickly..

The fact that he was able to transform alone without any knowledge of doing so is a feat in itself.
November 23rd, 2013
It's not so much mistakes is just a story taken place outside of the canonverse... They can play around with timelines that way. Just look at movie 2,3,4,5 and 13 especialy.

Yes. You have sense, bro.
DBZ movies are 'What if stories'. Do not think about original story watching these.