Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
Poll Results: Who had more potential?
Yamcha 23 76.67%
Jajirobe 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll.

November 20th, 2013
That's basically the main reason why he stopped training. Not because of laziness, but because of his training being pointless. He knew he would never match Goku or even achieve Tiens level. Goku once offered Yamcha to train together before the android saga, but he turned down his offer. Maybe this was his biggest lifetime mistake.

Yajirobe in dragonball was strong and kind a badass despite his lazy ass. In Dragonball z he became coward as it served as a comic relief to the series.

As much as like Toriyama's work I kind a hate how once strong and admirable characters became nothing more but a jokers.

Once Yajirobe learned that was Piccolo Daimaoh the enemy to beat he tryed to run away, even so the only reason why he back up Goku was because Goku promised him senzuu beans. Yajirobe was mean and always, mean to be a joke character, futhermore he is hermit who dislike hang up with people.

As for Yamcha, he always was a joke character in other terms, he is suppose to be the cool guy with bad luck. To be fair, he is not THAT joke. Is like Aquaman, everyone makes jokes about how useless Aquaman is, but if you learn about the character, is not that bad.
November 20th, 2013
Dragon Ball= Everyone can be a fighter
Dragon Ball Z= Saiyans Only
Dragon Ball GT= Goku Only

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Once Yajirobe learned that was Piccolo Daimaoh the enemy to beat he tryed to run away, even so the only reason why he back up Goku was because Goku promised him senzuu beans. Yajirobe was mean and always, mean to be a joke character, futhermore he is hermit who dislike hang up with people.

As for Yamcha, he always was a joke character in other terms, he is suppose to be the cool guy with bad luck. To be fair, he is not THAT joke. Is like Aquaman, everyone makes jokes about how useless Aquaman is, but if you learn about the character, is not that bad.

Well one thing is being a joker. Other thing is being useless.

Last edited on November 20th, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Double Post
November 20th, 2013
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well one thing is being a joker. Other thing is being useless.

Agreed. To a certain degree Goku has been a joke character, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get it done when the planets on the line...

I understand that people like Yamcha and Krirrin couldn't be as strong as transformed saiyans, but that doesn't mean they had to eb idiots or couldn't be as strong as a full formed freiza.

Always thought charcters like Chibi Trunks and Goten had no right being stronger than them.
November 20th, 2013
Agreed. To a certain degree Goku has been a joke character, but that doesn't mean he doesn't get it done when the planets on the line...

I understand that people like Yamcha and Krirrin couldn't be as strong as transformed saiyans, but that doesn't mean they had to eb idiots or couldn't be as strong as a full formed freiza.

Always thought charcters like Chibi Trunks and Goten had no right being stronger than them.

Upstarts brimming with talent. I think they had every right being stronger than Krillin and Yamcha, annoying as the little shits were.
November 20th, 2013
AT could create a movie named "Earthlings saves the day (At least for once)" when human z warriors has to defend the Earth without saiyan interference.
November 20th, 2013
AT could create a movie named "Earthlings saves the day (At least for once)" when human z warriors has to defend the Earth without saiyan interference.

Thats what I mean..

Goku is my fav character but that doesn't mean it wouldn't of been nice to see him take a backseat.

AT should of done a storyline were the saiyans can't transform. That could of leveled the playing field a bit for a decent story.
November 21st, 2013
Did you want example of a character that is designed for the sake of the plot and not being able to fight?

Bulma, she was clearly designed to be the biggest plot device, a longside with the dragon balls, of the series, without her the series cannot even exist, but without Yamcha the series will be the same, less funny but still exist because Yamcha's rol as the "cool exposition guy", was taken by Vegeta since most of the enemies on Z arc are not from earth.

Even more, we want to see Yamcha success because we know that he had a lot of bad luck, not just that, terrible luck and is outclassed everytime. Without it probably we will not care about him, because, face it once he lose his "women-fobia" his whole "character" was only being Bulma's boyfriend and have every week a discussion with her.

Even so, is Bulma who tries to hang up with all of her friends, even most of them doesn't like each other too much. Even Gt reconizes the importance of Bulma's role on the story she being inderectly responsable of the creation of the dark dragons and the responsable to create ships for Baby, even Goku's goes mad after seen what Baby did with Bulma.

That doesn't mean that I didn't like Yamcha or anything bad, in fact the only reason that I like a lot "The tree of might" movie, is because is the only movie where Yamcha and the other Z-warriors fight at the same time than Goku.

At the least Yamcha is not like "Unicorn Jabu" the poor guy was literally no use for the plot AT ALL. The worst part is that he is Seiya's half brother (like all the main characters and the other Bronze saints).