Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
July 8th, 2013
So, I just downloaded DBO & the English patch & what-not, now I'm at the character creation part
I'm having a slight conflict though, I can't really decide what race I should go with, I'm thinking either Human because it's that type of race & has the type of classes I'd usually go with/want to go with or Majin because it just kinda interests me & seems cool
So I guess this is leading up to this: What're the pros & cons of Humans & Majins? And like which one would be recommended to go with? And what're some of the basic details of each race & what-not? (Basically, I'm looking for some details that'd help me decide on which race I should go with)

Also, a note: I tend to just stick with one primary character when playing a game like this, if I was that type of person who made & played with multiple characters I probably wouldn't be making a thread like this, but I'm that type of person who tends to go with only one primary character (It's just the way I play games like this, sticking with a primary character rather than having multiple characters)
July 8th, 2013
Basically humans have strong damage - low defense, and majins medium damage - medium defense. Amyway, there are a lot of humans in game now so if you make one you will have several problems to fund party for dungeons in future, and they are expensive to equip too so i dont recomend you to make one as your first char.
Anyway you must select wich you like or you wont enjoy the game.
July 8th, 2013
Basically humans have strong damage - low defense, and majins medium damage - medium defense. Amyway, there are a lot of humans in game now so if you make one you will have several problems to fund party for dungeons in future, and they are expensive to equip too so i dont recomend you to make one as your first char.
Anyway you must select wich you like or you wont enjoy the game.

I was kinda thinking there would be a lot of Humans, cause I can imagine most Dragon Ball fans would wanna go Super Saiyan & do the Kamehameha & the other stuff like that that the Humans do, that's one of the reasons I was considering Majin (It's kinda less common)
But like I said before Human is that type of race & has the type of classes I'd usually go with/want to go with (Hence why I was still considering Human, despite that fact it's be rather common & less original & such)
Right now though I'm kinda leaning more towards Majin
July 8th, 2013
I was kinda thinking there would be a lot of Humans, cause I can imagine most Dragon Ball fans would wanna go Super Saiyan & do the Kamehameha & the other stuff like that that the Humans do, that's one of the reasons I was considering Majin (It's kinda less common)
But like I said before Human is that type of race & has the type of classes I'd usually go with/want to go with (Hence why I was still considering Human, despite that fact it's be rather common & less original & such)
Right now though I'm kinda leaning more towards Majin

You're right about that first part -- there is a sever overpopulation of humans at this point in time. The majority of players choose one of the human martial artist classes. It's worth noting that the energy-based Majin classes can use a Kamehameha skill, though. If you plan on playing with groups a lot, people are often appreciative to have an Ultimate or Grand Chef Majin on their team because of the buffs that they give. If you like solo play or PvP, Karma are generally the way to go because of the amount of damage they deal.
July 8th, 2013
You're right about that first part -- there is a sever overpopulation of humans at this point in time. The majority of players choose one of the human martial artist classes. It's worth noting that the energy-based Majin classes can use a Kamehameha skill, though. If you plan on playing with groups a lot, people are often appreciative to have an Ultimate or Grand Chef Majin on their team because of the buffs that they give. If you like solo play or PvP, Karma are generally the way to go because of the amount of damage they deal.

I'm thinking I'll go Karma Majin, from what I've read it seems like something I might like
As for the Humans I was thinking as much, so many people just wanna be able to go Super Saiyan & do all the other stuff that they'd normally associate with Humans/Saiyans that it's really not to surprising that most people would go with the Human race (I mean it's kinda understandable wanting to go Super Saiyan & having all those abilities that characters such a Goku have used & that would normally be associated with Humans/Saiyans & what-not, but it is really common)
July 16th, 2013
At level 70 u will easy find a party for each dungeons in this game if you play karma. Now pve is based on auto attack with speed weapons and karma is needed in this kind of party coz he give 15% speed more with buff.

Karma is very good also for 1v1 coz he have a lot of stuns, confusion and skill lock (this skill is spammable with the right gear and ur enemy can't do nothing BTW u need good ping for win). Don't worry about the build: is easy to do a ibrid good enough for both sides.

Plasma: this class is very good for 5v5 budokai tourney

Ultimate: this is the mainly buffer of the game. Atm u can find party for cc and for 5v5 budokai too. If u like PvP and pve together isn't easy make an ibrid build. I suggest focus in pve for make good gears and accessory with cc dungeon and after (if u want) buy a reset skill book and make a PvP build. About 1v1 the strategy is completely different compared to a karma, this class is a tank and he can heal remove debuff.. But he don't have good stuns. He have candy beam but this can be counter with the right accessory.

Grand: was really good for PvP at lv60 cap with ep drain debuff. Unfortunately now this skill is nerfed. Grand is really funny with aoe candy stun and other good skills but is pretty useless in a party coz he have different buffs instead of an ultimate.

Imo is better choose karma or ultimate now but if u want to be "original" choose Grand is really funny xD