Register Forum Rules Recent Forum Posts View Members Advanced Search
October 14th, 2013
But why are they shutting down?

Word is that the company NTL has run out of money to fund the servers being open. It is sad to hear and many of us are sad but life goes on XD
October 14th, 2013
Tomlanji
Bugs, glitches, no updates, scammers, hackers, no balance, rarely any players, etc.

There are many more reasons but I am tired XP
October 16th, 2013
Can you please write all the reasons?

I stopped playing this game long ago, but I really liked it and now that I see some screenshots, I remember my dear moments with wistful memories...

Reason why I stopped playing this game is because of few reasons that were constantly bugging me:
- very high and unstable ping
- various bugs and bug abusing in budokai (I will never forget knocking-out opponents out of budokai ring in RO rounds, they would lie down for a while not trying to get up, and then magically re-appearing again in arena as if nothing happened, sometimes resulting in my defeat)
- bugs with chips - I was keeping RP1 and kid budokai chips, but after a while being in bag, they would switch randomly to some other chip of same rarity level (leg chip to leg chip, but different effect); since those very pricey at the time, and the ones I "got" very pure rubbish, it was pissing me off a lot! I thought maybe it was my mistake, but I noticed it happened occasionally. Only good chips were affected by this, never bad chips giving good effects, no other items ever changed effects on its own. And no, my acc never got used by anyone else but me.
- very addictive and Pay2Win model (upgrade stuff, reset books.....)
- TW people not really liking us strangers
- awful customer support which talks only TW and ignores English, but even when talked in TW they were not very supportive

And in the end, after so much talk, we never got English DBO...
October 16th, 2013
Can you please write all the reasons?

I stopped playing this game long ago, but I really liked it and now that I see some screenshots, I remember my dear moments with wistful memories...

Reason why I stopped playing this game is because of few reasons that were constantly bugging me:
- very high and unstable ping
- various bugs and bug abusing in budokai (I will never forget knocking-out opponents out of budokai ring in RO rounds, they would lie down for a while not trying to get up, and then magically re-appearing again in arena as if nothing happened, sometimes resulting in my defeat)
- bugs with chips - I was keeping RP1 and kid budokai chips, but after a while being in bag, they would switch randomly to some other chip of same rarity level (leg chip to leg chip, but different effect); since those very pricey at the time, and the ones I "got" very pure rubbish, it was pissing me off a lot! I thought maybe it was my mistake, but I noticed it happened occasionally. Only good chips were affected by this, never bad chips giving good effects, no other items ever changed effects on its own. And no, my acc never got used by anyone else but me.
- very addictive and Pay2Win model (upgrade stuff, reset books.....)
- TW people not really liking us strangers
- awful customer support which talks only TW and ignores English, but even when talked in TW they were not very supportive

And in the end, after so much talk, we never got English DBO...

That is an impossible task. The game is broken and isn't that good anyway. I mean no updates? For months? Obviously its going to go. They didn't even bother bringing the Korean Version update for pets. They were going to make DBO more like Pokemon. smh. If they kept things like they were in 60 patch they wouldn't be doing so bad. I mean they spoiled fighters and SKs HARD. I have way more hope in dbops than DBO. Any1 else find it a bit odd they want to close on Halloween?
DBO's Halloween Costume
October 16th, 2013
Halloween and closing - pure coincidence. Servers were rented up to some point, and rent expired when it expired - it so happened to be on Halloween.

One thing I wonder though - how will PS deal with Gift Shop?
October 16th, 2013
Halloween and closing - pure coincidence. Servers were rented up to some point, and rent expired when it expired - it so happened to be on Halloween.

One thing I wonder though - how will PS deal with Gift Shop?

Don't you think PS devs are other priority for now ?
Like running a server and client properly, host,... after thinking about Gift shop?

And i think Project Leader will do a thread with all of theses question after and when we're sure about all functionality
October 16th, 2013
Did I offend you in any way?

For one, I might reconsider joining DBO ranks again, but I also wonder how will you manage things that were (only) obtainable through gift shop.
Don't get me wrong, I like and support your idea, but I think this is a very important question for those not related to development as DBO as I remember was heavily relying on pay2win model.
October 16th, 2013
Did I offend you in any way?

For one, I might reconsider joining DBO ranks again, but I also wonder how will you manage things that were (only) obtainable through gift shop.
Don't get me wrong, I like and support your idea, but I think this is a very important question for those not related to development as DBO as I remember was heavily relying on pay2win model.

No you didn't offenced me
English is not my primary language so sometime i have some difficult to do good impression and find good words :p
But one thikn is sure has i see from Project Leader the cash shop will not be Pay2Win

After that i can't say more because we don't know for now with all of the working remaining to do

Last edited on October 16th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
October 16th, 2013
Sweet, looking forward seeing some old friends again... =)
October 16th, 2013
Will there be a private server?